Since 1998, Bauer’s IT has been reducing CO2 emissions and has grown to one of the largest eco-friendly fleets changing the face of the motorcoach industry by being instrumental in creating an Eco-friendly fleet using the CNG, propane, hybrid and bio diesel vehicles.
- To revolutionize the hybrid transportation industry, combining the luxury and safety of chauffeured transportation with the technological conveniences and environmental benefits of private, full-service individual and group transportation.
- To continue to serve as the Bay Area’s leading provider of luxury chauffeured eco-friendly individual and group transportation with the use of alternative fuels, innovative training programs and implementation of new technologies.
- To take people out of their vehicles by providing a first-class, environmentally-friendly transit option that gives commuters back valuable time — whether working onboard or simply relaxing in comfort.
- Continue to contribute to significant congestion relief and environmental health in the Bay Area
Benefits – Facts
- Bauer’s IT uses clean burning Series 60 engines that use exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) technology and diesel particulates filters to fully meet all EPA emission requirements, which call for a 90% reduction in particulate matter and a more than 50% reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx).
- Bauer’s IT has the largest private green fleet of vehicles on the road today, meeting the most stringent air quality standards developed by the California Air Resources Board to be put into effect in 2013
- Bauer’s IT provides congestion and stress relief in fuel-efficient, luxury vehicles, with more than 97 percent of the company’s total miles driven in environmentally-friendly vehicles.
- Bauer’s IT features clean-air buses and shuttles for employee commuter programs, zero emission electric buses for intercampus shuttles, and hybrid standard and stretch vehicles for personal or private use.
- Bauer’s IT covers more than 4,000 square miles and moves more than 6,000 people per day, providing a dramatic increase in passenger miles traveled per gallon of fuel used and contributing significantly to the decongestion of roadways.
- Bauer’s IT offers corporate clients competitive edge over its competitors by being at the forefront of corporate responsibility and employee benefits.
- Each of Bauer’s 52-passenger vehicle contributes to significant congestion relief and environmental health in the Bay Area, eliminate 2.6 million pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year
Carbon Calculator: Bauer’s Wi-Drive! Web site offers a built-in carbon calculator, allowing customers to calculate and offset their personal carbon footprint on a daily basis.
San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department: Bauer’s IT has partnered with the San Francisco Recreation & Parks Department, California Academy of Sciences and the De Young Museum to provide shuttle services throughout Golden Gate Park on Saturdays, Sundays, and major holidays. Stopping at many convenient locations, this service allows you to access free parking at Ocean Beach and transportation to not only the Academy, but many other attractions throughout the park.
Green Training: Bauer’s IT spends a great deal of time with their chauffeurs teaching and educating them on how to conserve fuel as they drive as well as mapping out the most efficient routes. Bauer’s chauffeurs also understand the importance of fuel economy and safety due to the proper vehicle maintenance including monitoring maintenance schedules of fluid changes and tire pressure. Also, the Bauer’s GPS speed monitoring system, easily monitors and sustains speeds that are conducive to efficient fuel impact. Bauer’s also teaches its chauffeurs about the impact of idling. Any unnecessary engine idling waste fuel and creates unnecessary pollution. Excessive idling flags the Bauer’s Dispatch Center which councils the chauffeur to modify their driving habits.
Giving Back/Community Involvement: In an effort to underscore its commitment to the community and the environment, part of the proceeds from the Bauer’s eco-transportation service has been set aside to fund environmentally-focused initiatives through the SaveIT Foundation, including the identification of local parks and playgrounds that need to be refurbished and working with other local green-minded corporations to accomplish this goal.
- Gary Bauer has partnered with the San Francisco Airport Congestion relief and worked to replace 85 buses with 19 clean air CNG motor coaches operating 300 percent more efficiently.
- Bauer’s works with the San Francisco Business Council on Climate Change; an organization of green-minded businesses San Francisco that come together to solve local and regional Eco-issues.
President/CEO Gary Bauer serves as the following:
- Executive Board member, San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Member of the California Limousine Association
- Committee member of the San Francisco Congestion and Pollution working with the City of San Francisco to assist in alleviating commuter issues that the City of San Francisco public transit is currently facing. Bauer’s is also a member of the CTA (California Transit Association), and the CBA (California Bus Association.)
Awards or other recognition for its green initiatives
Finalist in SF Business Times Green Business Awards – (Selected June 9, 2010)
- UMA Vision Award – 2010
- UMA Green Highway Award –2009
Greenest Transportation Company in America
- San Francisco Ebby Award – 2009
- TRAX Silver Cup Safety Training Program – 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006
- 2003 LCT Magazine Image Award
- 2000 Limo Digest Operator of the Year